WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
This tutorial will provide a step-by-step guide on how to reset the password for your IUSD Account. The password reset process outlined in this tutorial will apply to all of your accounts, including, but not limited to, Outlook and Google. It is important to note that the password reset may take up to 10 minutes to fully update across all applications.
- Go to iusd.okta.com and login.
- Log in using your IUSD username and Password
(I do NOT know my IUSD Username and Password)
Once you are logged in, click on your name located in the top right corner of the user dashboard.
Click on "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Above the "Change Password" Section you will see an "Edit Profile" button.
- Click on the "Edit Profile" button.
NOTE: If you do NOT see the "Edit Profile" button please jump to STEP 6.
You will then need to verify your identity prior to resetting your password.
- Verify with your password: use your IUSD password to verify your identity.
- Verify with your phone: send a code to your number saved in OKTA to your mobile device. Then type that code into OKTA to verify your identity.
You can now reset your password under the "Change Password" section.
- Enter your current IUSD password
- Create a new password that matches the "Password requirements"
- Click on "Sign me out of all other devices"
- Signing out of all devices will remove all devices connected to your account. This is an added layer of security to make sure nobody else has access to your account.
- Click on "Change Password"
It is important to note that the password reset may take up to 10 minutes to fully update across all applications.
Note: After resetting your password, consider setting up self-service password recovery in Okta. Self-service password recovery allows you to provide a personal email address and/or phone number you can use to regain access to your account should you ever forget your password. Please see our IUSD Account: Setting Up Account Recovery Options (Staff) tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
I Do NOT Know my Username or Password
Your IUSD username will be a combination of your first and last name. Please note there are no spaces and/or dashes in between your first and last name.
If you do not remember your IUSD Password please reach out to email@example.com and our team will be able to assist you in resetting your password.
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
If you have any questions, submit a new ticket or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.