Logging Into a CAASPP Test at Home
1. Open the CA Secure Browser
- To launch the secure browser, select the [Apps]* link in the menu row of the Chromebook’s login screen and select the [SecureTestBrowser] app. *be sure to logout of the Chromebook to access the apps menu
Personal PC or Mac
- Select the CA Secure Browser icon from your desktop. (How to install the Secure Browser)
2. Type in your Name, SSID, and the Session ID
3. Select Your Test and Wait to be Approved
- Check your name and grade and click “Yes” if they are correct
- Select the test you are planning to take
- Wait for your teacher to approve your test
4. Complete the Testing Pre-Check and Start the Test
- Camera Check
- Click the box next to “I agree to grant the browser permission to access the camera”
- Click the blue camera button if you don’t see yourself
- Click the “I see myself” button when you see yourself
- Recording Device Check
- Click on the microphone. Record a short message, and press the stop button.
- Press play when your recording loads. If you hear it, click “I hear my recording”.
- Sound and Video Playback Check
- Select the play button. If you hear the song, click “I could play the sound and video”.
- Text-to-Speech Sound Check
- Click on the speaker icon. If you can hear the voice, select “I heard the voice”.
- Click Begin Test Now