WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
This guide will detail how to fill out and submit an annotation assignment in Canvas. In an annotation assignment, you are able to text, draw, and insert comments for your instructor without having to download the assignment, complete it and upload it into Canvas.
Step 1: Open your Assignment
- Navigate to your course
- Click Assignments in the left hand side navigation menu
- Click on the intended assignment to complete
Step 2: Annotation Features
- Annotation Features include the following:
- Point Annotation: Points out a word or letter and allows you to create a comment
- Highlight Annotation: You can highlight word(s) or letters in a variety of colors
- Freetext Annotation: Adding of Textboxes
- Strikeout Annotation: You can select a word(s) to strikeout
- Free Draw Annotation: Draw on the document
- Area Annotation: Draw rectangles
Step 3: Submit Assignment
- Once you have completed all annotations to the assignment, click Submit Assignment
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
If you have any questions, submit a new ticket or email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated 5/23/23 EE
Please sign in to leave a comment.