WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
This tutorial will guide you through the steps of using the Screencastify LTI through Canvas.
Please Note: You are able to add a screencastify to any item that has a Rich Content Editor or text entry such as discussion replies, text entries in quizzes, and assignments containing a text entry submission.
Step 1: Navigate to your course assignment
Navigate to your dashboard
Select your course
- Select Assignments in the Course Navigation menu
- Select the assignment you would like to complete
Step 2: Rich Content Editor
- If your teacher has allowed for a text entry response for the assignment, you will see the rich content editor within the assignment.
- Click the App icon (looks like an electrical plug)
- Select Screencastify from the drop down menu
- If Screencastify is not in the drop down menu, click View All and select Screencastify from the options
Step 3: Select your Screencastify Video
- Click on the video you would like to upload to the assignment
- You will be able to preview it before uploading it
- Click Select
Step 4: Submit Assignment
- Your Screencastify should appear in the rich content editor.
- Click Submit Assignment once you have completed the assignment.
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
Last Updated 2/7/2024 EE