WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
This tutorial will guide you through the necessary steps to add students to your pre-existing observer account in Canvas.
Step 1: Create your Pairing Code
- To create a pairing code, have your child login to their Canvas account and go into Settings
- On the right hand side of the screen, click Pair with Observer
- You will then see a popup box that includes your pairing code. Copy this code down.
Step 2: Log in to your Observer Account
- Now that you have the pairing code, login to your Canvas observer account
- Click Account
- Click Observing
Step 3: Enter Pairing Code
- You will see a field to enter your pairing code
- Enter your pairing code
- Click on +Student
- You should see your student's name appear under Students Being Observed
- To add additional students to your Parent Observer Account, you may continue to add a new pairing code and select +Student for each of your children.
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
Last Updated 5/30/23 EE