WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
This tutorial will show students how to link their IUSD Google Account to their Canvas course. This is a one time process and then after this, users can search for and access MackinVia ebook resources through Canvas. While MackinVia is a platform that is available to all sites, the purchase of some of the ebooks for this platform is site dependent. Please check with your library staff if you have questions about materials.
Step 1: Navigate to Canvas
- Sign in to Canvas: http://iusd.instructure.com
- Use your IUSD credentials (without @iusd.org)
Step 2: Select Course
- Choose your course, look to the left navigation bar and select the MackinVIA option in the Course Navigation menu.
Step 3: Select MackinVIA resource
- Select and open a MackinVIA resource in Canvas.
- Select Sign In to start your MackinVIA session. Sign in here with your IUSD credentials and Allow
Step 4: Freely access MackinVIA
- Close the window and return to Canvas. Click refresh if needed to load your MackinVIA collection. You are now logged into your MackinVIA Backpack and can open the resource!
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
Last Updated 07/10/23 EE