WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
Download the Canvas Student app on your Android device for easier accessibility to course content.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
Step 1: Download Canvas
- Open your Android device and tap the Play Store icon
- In the search field, type Canvas student and select the full name when it appears
- Select Install
Step 2: Open Canvas App
- When the app has downloaded and installed onto your device, you can access the app immediately by tapping the Open button.
- You can also open the app on your Android home screen by tapping the Canvas Student icon.
Step 3: Sign in to Canvas
- Tap the Find my school button and search for Irvine Unified School District.
- If you have previously logged into the app, you may be able to log into the app using a previous login. To use a previous login, tap your username.
- To get help with logging in to the Student app, tap the Help icon in the form of a question mark
- After you've located an account, you can view IUSD’s Canvas URL (iusd.instructure.com) at the top of the screen.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap the Log In button.
Note: If you have forgotten your Canvas password, please email HelpDesk@iusd.org to recover this information.
Step 4: Dashboard
- Once signed in, you should automatically be redirected to your dashboard.
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
Last Updated 7/5/23 EE