WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TUTORIAL?
Download the Canvas Student app on your iOS device for easier accessibility to course content.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
Step 1: Download iOS Canvas Student App
- Open your iOS device and tap the App Store icon.
- In phone devices, tap the Search icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In tablet devices, tap the Search field at the top of the App Store.
- In the search field, type Canvas Student. Tap the full name when it appears.
- Tap the Get button to the right of the app
- Tap the Install button
- iTunes may ask for your iTunes password to download the app.
Step 2: Open the Canvas App
- When the app has downloaded and installed onto your iOS device, you can access the app immediately by tapping the Open button.
- You can also open the app on your iOS home screen by tapping the student icon
Step 3: Sign in to Canvas
- Tap the Find my school button and search for Irvine Unified School District
- If you have previously logged into the app, you may be able to log into the app using a previous login. To use a previous login, tap your username.
- To get help with logging in to the Student app, tap the Help icon.
- After you've located an account, you can view IUSD’s Canvas URL (iusd.instructure.com) at the top of the screen
- Enter your username and password
- Tap the Log In button
- If you have forgotten your Canvas password, please email HelpDesk@iusd.org to recover this information.
Step 4: Dashboard
- Once signed in, you should be taken directly to your dashboard.
This document was created for Irvine Unified School District by the Information Technology Department.
Last Updated 7/5/23 EE