Reporting a Damaged or Lost Chromebook
We understand that accidents happen and Chromebooks are an important tool in today’s education. Please follow the steps below to report any loss or damage to your IUSD Chromebook. We will exchange your damaged device for a working one to minimize any disruption to your child's learning.
Reporting Loss or Damage
- Email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Student’s Name:
- School: (if enrolled in IVA, please list the neighborhood/assigned school the Chromebook was checked out from)
- Student ID number:
- Did you purchase insurance?: Yes/No
If Damaged, include:
- A brief description of the damage
- Please attach a photo of the damage (if possible)
If Lost, include:
- A brief description of when/where the device was lost
If Stolen, include:
- A brief description of when/where the device was lost and a copy of the police report.
- If needed, we can provide the device model and serial number for you to include in the police report.
- A copy of the report will be required when reporting loss due to theft.
- A technician from your school will respond with your next steps for exchanging the damaged device for a working one. They will inspect and repair the damage if possible, and you will be notified if any fines for repair or replacement will be assessed.
- If you purchased the IUSD Chromebook Insurance, there will be no charge for accidental damage or theft.
- Damage Assessment - If you did not choose to purchase the IUSD Chromebook Insurance and your device is damaged, the cost of the repair will be assessed as a fine to the student’s record in Destiny. Fine amounts may vary by model and by the extent of the damage. You will be notified of the actual cost after the device has been inspected by a technician.
- Full details about fine amounts and the process to pay fines can be found in our article:
Chromebooks - Paying Fines for Damage / Loss
- Total Loss - If the Chromebook is damaged beyond repair, lost, stolen, or unreturned to the school, the full replacement value of $225 will be assessed as a fine.