Allowing Flash in Chrome - Student
What is the purpose of this tutorial?
How access your Google Chrome settings and manually allow flash to run on specific websites.
The site needs Flash to work
If a website isn’t working, you might need to change your settings to allow Flash.
- Go to the website that needs flash to run.
- To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info .
- At the bottom, click Site Settings.
- In the new tab, to the right of "Flash," click the Down arrow Allow.
- Go back to the site and reload the page.
Allowing Flash in Chrome (manually)
Step 1: Open Chrome
Click on the Google Chrome icon.
Step 2: Settings
You will need to navigate to the Chrome settings.
- Top right-hand corner click on the three vertical dots “”
- Click on Settings (towards the bottom)
Step 3: Navigate to Content Settings
Now that you are in the settings, we will need to navigate to the Flash.
- Scroll all the way down and click “Advanced”.
- Scroll down some more until you see “Privacy and Security”.
- Click on the second to last box that says “Content Settings”
Step 4: Flash
Under content settings, click on “Flash”.
Under Allow, click “Add” and type in the url that you would like to add.
Now go back to the site and flash should automatically run now.
If you still encounter an issue, try clearing your cache.